PRINCIPAL BOARD MEMBER
Name Of Organisation: ETANTE Limited
Membership Number: 802261900000
Name Of Nominee: Julian Walker-Palin
Position In The Organisation: Facilitator & representative
Summary of Nominee Profile
Julian Walker-Palin represents the Retailers’ Palm Oil Group (RPOG), a non-competitive coalition of retail companies with the common aim of promoting the adoption of sustainable palm oil.
After legal training he joined Tesco and worked for nearly 10 years across legal, property, corporate responsibility and corporate affairs. Before he left, he was responsible for local communications and policy across much of the UK.
In 2007, he joined Walmart as Head of Corporate Sustainability, Asda, and for 7 years was their European sustainability leader. He led global activity for Walmart including creating and managing the team responsible for the transition to sustainable palm oil and attended multiple RSPO meetings, including delivering a plenary speech at RT10. He left to set up ETANTE Ltd, a sustainability consultancy that supports global brands and retailers. In this role he supports multiple global retailers and brands on ESG, including sustainable commodities.
Summary of Organisation Profile
The Retailers' Palm Oil Group (RPOG), the only global group of its kind, is a non-competitive coalition of companies who have the common aim of using sustainable palm oil in their products. Our wider ambition is to make the use of sustainable palm oil standard across all relevant supply chains. We trade globally with our head offices predominately based in Europe.
The RPOG has five key aims:
1. Utilise a collaborative space (in compliance with competition law) to support transformative activity
2. Directly assist the RSPO by providing and funding a Board of Governor's member
3. Engage within members' supply chains to drive the uptake of sustainable palm oil
4. Support ever more rigorous sourcing requirements
5. Work with local and international stakeholders to find solutions to common problems